Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday lunch at Vinnie's



A banana in nature, discarded in a Williamsburg trash puddle, where it belongs.

Vinnie's Pizza for lunch with John and Jae. My third time dining here, always delicious. The vegan slices rotate, I've never had the same thing twice. The perks are the convenient location and the super late hours (open til 3am Friday and Saturday!).

Today I choose the vegan special, duck duck goose featuring duck and pineapple with 2 kinds of soy cheese. The cheese was melty and soft and the slice featured the perfect amount of duck. I don't like too much duck in my dish because the flavor is so powerful and it's always heavy and super "meaty". The pineapple was a nice touch, when I looked at the slice I thought there would be too much of a pineapple explosion, but it went along really well with the duck. I can usually only eat pineapple on pizza, and this was an awesome lunch! $4, and free cups of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment